Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Vanessa Berry's Magnificent Melbourne Memory Map



Can be found in Disposable Camera - The Melbourne Issue - available here. I always love VB's writing - something about it soothes me and reminds me that it's okay, in fact, good and interesting to be a human bean. She's also writing about Sydney on this blog: Mirror Sydney

Reading this post reminded me of this blog where the artist is mapping Canvey Island. These places that are near but apart from the city...

When the other day I was dismally thinking you had to come from a place, really know it, to map it, but of course this is not true - because you don't have to physically visit a place in order to have impressions, ideas, winged thoughts, associations, and these things are mappable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment